Toronto, Canada (416)278-0469
Sept 2007-Present Side Effects Software, Toronto
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of quality and performance in Houdini.
- Working with developers and technical support to conduct unit and production testing and to replicate customer issues.
- Managing the beta program.
- Creating test projects simulating customer pipelines using the latest version of Houdini.
- Monitoring the automated regression test suite for failures.
May 1995-Sept 2006 Alias (now Autodesk), Toronto
Team Leader - Maya Quality Assurance
- Leadership, management, and scheduling of QA teams in Toronto and Bangalore.
- Created test plans, worked closely with programming team leads to ensure good coverage.
- Also worked closely with our desktop and graphic card partners to manage qualification efforts.
- Expert working knowledge of Academy award winning modelling and animation software, Maya
- Worked on Maya and Studiopaint for eleven years, suggesting workflow and feature enhancements, finding bugs, and helping the development team to track and prioritize their bug fixing.
- Prior to becoming a TL, was QA specialist for Maya Fur (Maya 2.0), Paint Effects (Maya 2.5), and Games (Maya 3.0)
- Worked on In-house projects, including:
"A Trip to Rene's House" - animated short w/ Chris Landreth, "Beamrunner" - video game (hover bike racing), and texturing characters for games like Quake and Half-life.
- Communicating with and testing content from customers in the film and game industry.
1993-1995 Battlefield Graphics Inc., Burlington
Graphic Artist - Pre-press dept.
- Photo retouching using Photoshop
- Used Quark Express, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop on both
Mac and Windows, preparing files for magazine and newspaper ads,
brochures, mailers, posters, business cards, etc.
1991-1992 Crosfield Canada Inc, Mississauga
- Managed and assigned schedules of over fifteen engineers on assignment across Canada
- Maintained tracking reports, service records, software/hardware information for our clients
Bachelor of Arts - English, York University
Certificates from Alias
Maya Character Animation Dec 1998
Level 2 Animation July 1998
Level 2 Design Feb 1998
Expert working knowledge with Alias products including Maya, StudioPaint, Composer, Studio/PA
Also experienced with: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Express, Pagemaker, Corel Draw, Word, Excel
Expert cross-platform experience with Unix, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
GAME DESIGN EXPERIENCE
Experienced with the Aurora Toolset and scripting for "NeverwinterNights". I designed, built, scripted and was Head DM for the Selgaunt server (online 24/7) for ALFA (A Land Far Away) - a persistantworld for Neverwinter Nights. I've passed it onto my DM team and no longer work on that project.
PC and console Videogames, Role Playing Games, photography, reading.
References and demo reel available upon request.