Toronto, Canada (416)278-0469
Sept 2007-Present Side Effects Software, Toronto
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of quality and performance in Houdini.
- Working with developers and technical support to conduct unit and production testing and to replicate customer issues.
- Managing the beta program
- Creating test projects simulating customer pipelines using the latest version of Houdini
May 1995-Sept 2006 Alias (now Autodesk), Toronto
Team Leader - Maya Quality Assurance
- Leadership, management, and scheduling of QA teams in Toronto and Bangalore.
- Created test plans, worked closely with programming team leads to ensure good coverage.
- Also worked closely with our desktop and graphic card partners to manage qualification efforts.
- Expert working knowledge of Academy award winning modelling and animation software, Maya
- Worked on Maya and Studiopaint for eleven years, suggesting workflow and feature enhancements, finding bugs, and helping the development team to track and prioritize their bug fixing.
- Prior to becoming a TL, was QA specialist for Maya Fur (Maya 2.0), Paint Effects (Maya 2.5), and Games (Maya 3.0)
- Worked on In-house projects, including:
"A Trip to Rene's House" - animated short w/ Chris Landreth, "Beamrunner" - video game (hover bike racing), and texturing characters for games like Quake and Half-life.
- Communicating with and testing content from customers in the film and game industry.
1993-1995 Battlefield Graphics Inc., Burlington
Graphic Artist - Pre-press dept.
- Photo retouching using Photoshop
- Used Quark Express, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop on both
Mac and Windows, preparing files for magazine and newspaper ads,
brochures, mailers, posters, business cards, etc.
1991-1992 Crosfield Canada Inc, Mississauga
- Managed and assigned schedules of over fifteen engineers on assignment across Canada
- Maintained tracking reports, service records, software/hardware information for our clients
Bachelor of Arts - English, York University
Certificates from Alias
Maya Character Animation Dec 1998
Level 2 Animation July 1998
Level 2 Design Feb 1998
Expert working knowledge with Alias products including Maya, StudioPaint, Composer, Studio/PA
Also experienced with: Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Express, Pagemaker, Corel Draw, Word, Excel
Expert cross-platform experience with Unix, Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
GAME DESIGN EXPERIENCE
Experienced with the Aurora Toolset and scripting for "NeverwinterNights". I designed, built, scripted and was Head DM for the Selgaunt server (online 24/7) for ALFA (A Land Far Away) - a persistantworld for Neverwinter Nights. I've passed it onto my DM team and no longer work on that project - I'm currently playing WoW. :)
Member of the International Game Developers Association (Toronto Chapter), Hockey, Wallyball (volleyball in a raquetball court), RPG's, MUD's, World of Warcraft.Ran a web page design business on my spare time from 97-99 called Arachnitech.
References and demo reel available upon request.